Global Reach: UK & Europe, Asia, Middle East & Africa, Australia-Pacific, Americas
The British Empire and the Great War
05/12/2013 - To mark the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of the Great War in July 1914, Nanyang Technological University is hosting the international conference The British Empire and The Great War - Colonial Societies / Cultural Responses to be held in Singapore, 20-22 February 2014.
The conference invites speakers to participate with call-for-papers with a 200 word abstract and a short biography of about 100 words, as well as for general conference registration by visiting the newly launched website http://www.singaporeconference2014.com
The Singapore conference will include prominent keynote speakers from well known institutions around the world, including:
- Tim Barringer, Paul Mellon Professor History of Art, Yale University
- John M. MacKenzie, Emeritus Professor in Imperial History, Lancaster University
- Sir Hew Strachan, Chichele Professor of the History of War, University of Oxford
- Jay Winter, Charles J. Stille Professor of History, Yale University
- Andrekos Varnava, Senior Lecturer in Imperial and Military History, Flinders University, Australia
- Michael Walsh, Associate Professor in Art History, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Working with Web-Conceptions, freelance web developers
Web-Conceptions freelance web developers were responsible for putting the site together.
“Focus for this project was to deliver a functional, professional and efficient website for promoting the conference and in turn encouraging participation and registration,” says spokesperson for Web-Conceptions International.
Overall design was geared by the client, to portray an image of war (as per the conference topic), and to present content in a clear and concise manner – easy and quick to navigate. In addition to information about the conference, the site also has a page dedicated to Singapore travel, with embedded video from the official tourism organisation.
Web-Conceptions provided a complete website solution, including initial consulting, web design concept, programming development, organisation and layout of content provided by client, as well as some unique content written, elements of SEO with meta tags and social media, and website hosting.
Telephone: +357 99 01 28 01