British Empire & the Great War Conference in Singapore
To mark the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of the Great War in July 1914, Nanyang Technological University is hosting the international conference The British Empire and The Great War - Colonial Societies / Cultural Responses to be held in Singapore, 20-22 February 2014.
The conference invites speakers to participate with call-for-papers with a 200 word abstract and a short biography of about 100 words, as well as for general conference registration by visiting the newly launched website http://www.singaporeconference2014.com
The Singapore conference will include prominent keynote speakers from well known institutions around the world, including:
- Tim Barringer, Paul Mellon Professor History of Art, Yale University
- John M. MacKenzie, Emeritus Professor in Imperial History, Lancaster University
- Sir Hew Strachan, Chichele Professor of the History of War, University of Oxford
- Jay Winter, Charles J. Stille Professor of History, Yale University
- Andrekos Varnava, Senior Lecturer in Imperial and Military History, Flinders University, Australia
- Michael Walsh, Associate Professor in Art History, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
As well as special guest Eric Bogle Songwriter: And The Bands Played Waltzing Matilda and No Man's Land (The Green Fields of France)
Working with Web-Conceptions, freelance web developers
Web-Conceptions freelance web developers were responsible for putting the site together.
“Focus for this project was to deliver a functional, professional and efficient website for promoting the conference and in turn encouraging participation and registration,” says Web-Conceptions.
Overall design was geared by the client, to portray an image of war (as per the conference topic), and to present content in a clear and concise manner – easy and quick to navigate. In addition to information about the conference, the site also has a page dedicated to Singapore travel, with embedded video from the official tourism organisation.
Web-Conceptions provided a complete website solution, including initial consulting, web design concept, programming development, organisation and layout of content provided by client, as well as some unique content written, elements of SEO with meta tags and social media, and website hosting.
About Our Agency
We are a specialised web design, development, SEO and online-digital communications agency, with over 15 year's international experience. To date, having completed projects across diverse business sectors and in over 12 countries, throughout the EU/Europe (Cyprus, Germany, France, Greece, the UK), wider EMEA region, as well as in Australasia.
Our solution focuses on bespoke website design, development, SEO & online marketing communications that helps brands enhance online presence, rankings, and results; locally, regionally, internationally.
As a team, we only ever work on ONE website-SEO project at any given time, ensuring maximum attention, creativity & professionalism.
Agency Contact Details
- Cyprus:+357 99 070 561
- Germany:+49 (0) 1609 920 5695
- Melbourne:+61 452 436 456
- E-mail:info 'at' web-conceptions.com
- EU's GDPR & what it means for Websites - Time to Act
17 February 2018
- Business & New Ways of Thinking
25 October 2017
- Social Media: A Changing Trend in Society
29 June 2016
- GOOGLE: More than a Search Engine
09 May 2015
- Digital Business Etiquette - Crossing a Fine Line
02 February 2015
- Achieving True Website SEO; Globally
13 September 2014
- Time for Business Start-up
14 March 2014
- Responsive Website Designs for Mobile Devices
01 March 2014
- Credible Content Builds Online Reputation & Image
21 December 2013
- Bad Economy, Good Creativity
24 November 2013
- British Empire & the Great War Conference in Singapore
01 July 2013
- Web-Conceptions services now in French Markets
01 May 2013
- Investing in a Website During Economic Crisis
22 April 2013
- Key words are key but not a magic solution
29 March 2013
- What is SEO & why is it important?
15 March 2013
- Web-Conceptions Hosting
16 April 2011
- Web-Conceptions Global
17 August 2010
- Ethical online marketing
21 July 2010
- Next-Generation Multimedia
15 February 2010
- Embedded Mobile GSMA
15 February 2010