Key words are key but not a magic solution
Along with SEO, everyone in Cyprus is now talking about “key words”, as though this is the magic solution.
Well, actually they are. But not in the sense of simply adding them to your meta data, i.e. in the code part. Actually, according to Google, they don’t even impact how a site is ranked – note meta data titles and descriptions are far more important for SEO and for enticing a browser to click on your website’s search result.
Key words are fundamental for research purposes before building your website. To understand what the main words and phrases are and then focus on these in the construction on your website and the writing of your content (including any on going content work).
Consider this: there is no point to rank in the top page of search engines with only your company’s name. If your company's name is CyDevelop and you deal in construction and property development, how would a Russian business person know this? They have never heard of the company name CyDevelop, and especially that it deals in construction and property development. If they knew your company name, they wouldn’t be bothering with a search so much would they…?
Thus, when they jump online and search for the services of construction and property development in Cyprus, what will they actually search? This is what you want to uncover; this is what will make up your key words and phrases.
In this case, more than likely it will be "construction”, “property development” and of course “Cyprus”. You see, your website must be "optimised" to rank well with these very key words, among other. And not just CyDevelop.
So what you really must do is the following:
- Make sure you analyse your business sector and its key feeder markets, as well as potential emerging markets and determine what are the primary key words and phrases they are searching in search engines to find websites with products and services such as yours. Although there would be some obvious key words and phrases, each market has indeed a slightly different approach to searching. For example, in Cyprus what do you think is the number one key word for when people search for a psychologists or therapists? Well, it's actually "depression".
- Keep in mind that each country markets has different searching behaviours. What a Russian-speaking person would search for in English is different to what a British or French would. So when researching, make sure you are market-specific.
- Make sure your website's content meets the requirements to these above search key words and phrases. And in great detail. But DO NOT spam your website with meaningless content just to feature these words as many times as possible; or add any content hard to find in our website. Search engines will black-list you and your ranking will suffer, as this is considered as black-hat techniques. Remember, they are trying to offer their users the service of the most relevant/accurate ranking. If you try to cheat them, then they will penalise you – usually automatically.
- Make sure your website has the necessary key words, titles and descriptions to match but also so it sounds attractive to entice browsers to hit on your page.
- Make sure your website's code and URL structure is technically well prepared and up to the required standards.
- Make sure you have many links on other relevant websites pointing to your website. The more links you have the easier it is for search engines to find and crawl your website's content. The more these links are on credible/reputable website, the more credit your website gets from search engines and the higher it ranks.
It's actually a simple procedure. Of course it takes a lot of research, dedication and work. To achieve best results, knowledge in web development, market research, online marketing communications and content copywriting is also of course beneficial.
Fortunately this is exactly what we do here at Web-Conceptions. Speak to us for a no obligation and free consultation anytime! We have contacts now in Cyprus, France and Melbourne Australia.
Read more about Search Engine Optimisation
About Our Agency
We are a specialised web design, development, SEO and online-digital communications agency, with over 15 year's international experience. To date, having completed projects across diverse business sectors and in over 12 countries, throughout the EU/Europe (Cyprus, Germany, France, Greece, the UK), wider EMEA region, as well as in Australasia.
Our solution focuses on bespoke website design, development, SEO & online marketing communications that helps brands enhance online presence, rankings, and results; locally, regionally, internationally.
As a team, we only ever work on ONE website-SEO project at any given time, ensuring maximum attention, creativity & professionalism.
Agency Contact Details
- Cyprus:+357 99 070 561
- Germany:+49 (0) 1609 920 5695
- Melbourne:+61 452 436 456
- E-mail:info 'at' web-conceptions.com
- EU's GDPR & what it means for Websites - Time to Act
17 February 2018
- Business & New Ways of Thinking
25 October 2017
- Social Media: A Changing Trend in Society
29 June 2016
- GOOGLE: More than a Search Engine
09 May 2015
- Digital Business Etiquette - Crossing a Fine Line
02 February 2015
- Achieving True Website SEO; Globally
13 September 2014
- Time for Business Start-up
14 March 2014
- Responsive Website Designs for Mobile Devices
01 March 2014
- Credible Content Builds Online Reputation & Image
21 December 2013
- Bad Economy, Good Creativity
24 November 2013
- British Empire & the Great War Conference in Singapore
01 July 2013
- Web-Conceptions services now in French Markets
01 May 2013
- Investing in a Website During Economic Crisis
22 April 2013
- Key words are key but not a magic solution
29 March 2013
- What is SEO & why is it important?
15 March 2013
- Web-Conceptions Hosting
16 April 2011
- Web-Conceptions Global
17 August 2010
- Ethical online marketing
21 July 2010
- Bluestreak Technology Platform
16 February 2010
- Next-Generation Multimedia
15 February 2010